Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fat guy, who used to lift... Jefit rescue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat guy, who used to lift... Jefit rescue?

Well, I used to lift.... used to be in great shape...

The stress of life, injuries, work, and everything else has brought me to where I am today.

And I'm hoping that Jefit, My beautiful wife, my 10 month old son, and lots of people can support me in my journey to be a healthy version of myself once again!

I've been kicking ass with my first few workouts, but would love for anyone and everyone to add me ass a friend and send me some likes.

You'd be amazed.... at the motivation of a few likes and friendly comments by strangers will do.

Honestly, I would never feel comfortable posting my before pics on Facebook, but here I feel there are plenty of people who want to see others succeed and have been through the battle themselves.

Looking for support in the journey ahead!

Ryan

Best of luck RMC!

Comment

Originally posted by adampower View Post
      Best of luck RMC!
      Goodluck Ryan. You can do it!

Comment

Originally posted by RMC- View Post
        Well, I used to lift.... used to be in great shape...

The stress of life, injuries, work, and everything else has brought me to where I am today.

And I'm hoping that Jefit, My beautiful wife, my 10 month old son, and lots of people can support me in my journey to be a healthy version of myself once again!

I've been kicking ass with my first few workouts, but would love for anyone and everyone to add me ass a friend and send me some likes.

You'd be amazed.... at the motivation of a few likes and friendly comments by strangers will do.

Honestly, I would never feel comfortable posting my before pics on Facebook, but here I feel there are plenty of people who want to see others succeed and have been through the battle themselves.

Looking for support in the journey ahead!

Ryan

Ryan why are you setting daily goals & then accomplishing those goals the same day? Are you point farming to win the contest?

Comment

Hey Ryan,

Great to hear your getting back into the swing of things! Balancing a family, work, and the gym can be difficult and it might seem like there is not enough hours in the day for everything. I am in the same boat, however i do have a couple tips that could help you out.

First, in my opinion best way to get back in shape it focus on your nutrition. I spend around 1.5 hours every sunday meal prepping for the week. The good thing about meal prepping is you control what you eat , and you dont have to worry about where the next meal is coming from. A couple good meals that i enjoy would be low fat *plain greek yogurt and since plain greek yogurt doesn't taste the best i would add 100% cocoa powder in it and low glycemic granola. Hard boiled eggs, stuff peppers with grass fed beef and qunioa, make up a salad with almonds, and sweet potatoes are all good things that will keep you full.

Besides meal prep, the next biggest thing is to find a time to workout. It is tough to workout especially after work when you have a newborn. So what helps me is waking up early in the morning, and doing a workout before you go to work. Some days i have to wake up at 4:15, workout 4:30-5:45 and leave for work by 6:15a.m. I do this because this is the only time i have to actually workout. If you are not a morning person, trust me your body will get use to it all you have to do is get that one foot out of bed. Remember half the battle is getting to the gym!

The final piece of advice i have for you is when you do make it to the gym, put some headphones on and get after it! Focus on heavy compound lifts (make sure you do it with good form) like the bench press, squat, dead lifts, military press, barbell curls, and dips. For cardio I recommend doing it after you workout if you have time. HIIT is my favorite way to do cardio, i try and set the treadmill all the way up to the fastest MPH and sprint for 30 seconds. After the 30 seconds of sprinting i will hop on the side of the treadmill and rest for 30. I do this for about ten minutes, this is a really good way to get the afterburn effect which means your body will burn more calories throughout the day.

Hope this helps, sorry for long post

Mark

Comment

Working...
          X